Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been hurt in an accident caused by someone else, consult a personal injury lawyer in Burbank, CA. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer from Glotzer & Leib, LLP can help you pursue a timely claim against the negligent party.
Pain and Suffering Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental pain people endure from getting injured. Here are a few examples of pain and suffering.
- Physical impairment. Some accident injuries are so severe that they can prevent you from performing everyday activities that once came easy. For example, if you suffered a severe leg injury in a car accident and can’t walk anywhere without assistance, you may have suffered physical impairment.
- Chronic pain. In some cases, accident victims may suffer from daily chronic pain after they’ve completed their medical treatments. While others may not be able to see your pain, it’s definitely real. Chronic pain can prevent you from concentrating on your daily tasks and even make it difficult to get out of bed.
- Depression. Sometimes accident victims can develop depression. They may be depressed that they can’t do the same activities as they did before their accident. They may also not be able to work anymore, which can trigger depression.
- Disfigurement. Unfortunately, accidents can result in injuries so severe that they cause disfigurement. Examples of disfigurement include scars, burns and lost limbs. These disfigurements can make your life more difficult and make you self-conscious about your appearance. A personal injury lawyer in Burbank, CA from Glotzer & Leib, LLP can easily prove a disfigurement claim, especially with images.
- Anxiety. It’s not uncommon for some people to experience debilitating anxiety after an accident. For instance, if you were in a car accident, you may become extremely nervous every time you get into a vehicle. This can definitely have a negative impact on your life.
Speaking to a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you want to claim pain and suffering damages from an accident, it’s a good idea to speak with a personal injury lawyer. A lawyer can assess your case and determine if you’re eligible to receive these damages or not. Remember to bring any documents relevant to your case to your first meeting with your lawyer, such as medical records, photos of your injuries and police reports. The more information your lawyer has about your case, the better.
Schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Burbank, CA from Glotzer & Leib, LLP today.