Downey Personal Injury Attorney
Though Los Angeles County is most well known for its thriving metropolis, the community of Downey has a unique history of its own.
Situated 13 miles southeast of Los Angeles’ downtown district, in a region known as the Gateway Cities, Downey is perhaps best known as the home of the Apollo space program. It also happens to feature the oldest operational McDonalds restaurant in the world, which continues to be enjoyed by the city’s more than 111,700 people.
Like any community, residents of Downey and the surrounding areas in Southern California face a certain degree of risk for personal injury or accident, including what is termed as “wrongful death”.
While not all accidents can be avoided entirely, it is possible to prevent accidents, particularly in cases involving negligence. If you’ve been injured in an accident, call Downey personal injury attorney Joshua Glotzer for a free consultation.
Wrongful Death Claims in California
Wrongful death is best defined as a situation where an individual dies as a result of another person’s or entity’s negligence. When wrongful death occurs, victims typically leave behind loved ones who are left to deal with painful loss, among other hardships.
Typically, only a victim’s kin my file wrongful death claims. That includes minor children, a spouse or the victim’s parents. However, there are certain situations where adult children may sue for wrongful death in the case of their parents, and vice versa.
Other individuals able to file suits include:
- Parents of unmarried children
- Domestic partners
- Biological or adopted children
- Financial dependents of victim
It’s important to note that no two wrongful death claims are alike. However, there are some situations that remain consistent among wrongful death claims, including:
- Slip and fall incidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
Do You Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
If someone you love has lost his or her life due to another individual or entity’s negligence, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. In these types of cases, it’s about more than just peace of mind – many victims may have the primary source of income or support for the family, and financial strength may be in question.
In Downey and other communities across Southern California, Glotzer & Leib, LLP works with families of wrongful death victims to pursue full and fair legal action against the negligent parties. We understand that losing someone close to you is a traumatic experience, and believe that the added financial, emotional and psychological burdens are ones that you should not have to handle alone.
Call Downey Personal Injury Attorney Joshua Glotzer Today
Our firm has a proven success in handling wrongful death claims, and remains dedicated to helping you recover the settlement you deserve.
Let us be an advocate for you and the important people in your life. To schedule your complimentary preliminary consultation with our attorneys, give us a call today at (844) 821-5271.
Glotzer & Leib, LLP 714 West Olympic Boulevard #632-B Los Angeles, CA 90015
From Downey, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 23 min
Total Est. Distance: 14.4 mi
- Get on I-5 N from Downey Ave
- Head northeast on Downey Ave toward Downey Ave
- Turn left onto Gallatin Rd/Gallatin School House Rd
- Turn right onto Paramount Blvd
- Turn right to merge onto I-5 N toward Los Angeles
- Continue on I-5 N. Take I-10 W to L.A. Live Way in Los Angeles. Take exit 13 from I-10 W
- Merge onto I-5 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to keep right at the fork, stay on I-5 N and follow signs for I-10 W/Santa Monica/Interstate 5 N/Sacramento
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the exit toward Interstate 10 W/Santa Monica Freeway/Santa Monica
- Merge onto CA-60 W
- Merge onto I-10 W
- Use the right lane to take exit 13 for CA-110 N toward Downtown
- Keep right, follow signs for Pico Blvd/Convention Center
- Take W Pico Blvd and S Figueroa St to W Olympic Blvd
- Continue onto L.A. Live Way
- Turn right onto W Pico Blvd
- Turn left onto S Figueroa St
- Turn right onto W Olympic Blvd
- Destination will be on the right
Call us today (844) 821-5271
We are located at:
Glotzer & Leib, LLP
714 West Olympic Boulevard #632-B
Los Angeles, CA 90015