What Can an Aviation Lawyer Do to Help Me After a Plane Crash?
Personal Injury Attorney for Los Angeles Aircraft Accidents
Nearly 1,000 people were killed in airplane accidents in 2014 worldwide, which was the most since 2005, according to statistics obtained by CNBC. As safe as air travel has become, these statistics may go to show that there is still far too much room for error considering how many people are losing their lives on an annual basis in aviation accidents.
Airplane Accident Statistics and Types
As the data bears out, there are both many different types of aircraft and types of aviation accidents.
Aircraft types include:
- International and domestic commercial airliners
- Private jets
- Military contractor airplanes
- Small planes
Data of note concerning airplane accidents courtesy of Statistic Brain Research Institute:
- Pilot error is responsible for 53 percent of fatal plane crashes
- Mechanical failure leads to 20 percent of fatal aircraft accidents
- Bad weather plays a role in 12 percent of fatal airplane crashes
What Causes Aviation Accidents?
There are several factors that can lead to an airplane accident, including:
- Equipment defects
- Pilot error
- Bad weather
- Improper maintenance or inspection
- Negligence from another plane
What Should I Do If I’m the Victim of an Airplane Accident?
The aftermath of plane crashes as well as many other types of airplane accidents is chaotic, with even the trained professionals on the scene failing to get things completely right in many cases. Priority number one if you’re in an aviation accident should be getting yourself and others to safety and ensuring those who need it, yourself included, receive medical attention as soon as possible. Beyond that, if it’s safe and only once you’ve been medically cleared to do so, it may be in your best interest to:
- Write down notes about the incident
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries
- Keep a journal of your medical treatment and condition following the incident
- Collect contact information of witnesses and fellow victims if any
- Do not talk to an airline’s insurance company or their attorneys until you have spoken to an experienced aviation lawyer
Who Can Sue After a Plane Crash?
Aviation accidents have the potential to cause widespread devastation to property and people. Therefore, those who can sue following an airplane accident includes several categories of victims, such as:
- Passengers and employees who suffered an aircraft accident injury
- Injury victims who were on the ground at the time of the incident
- Family members of victims who were killed in an airplane accident
Find Me an Aviation Lawyer That Handles Los Angeles Aircraft Accidents
The outcomes of airplane accidents, such as plane crashes, are often disastrous and fatal, making it crucial that those responsible be held accountable so that they and others are deterred from causing another accident and further pain and suffering. In addition, an aviation accident lawsuit is important, because it helps victims and their families recover the compensation they are entitled to under the laws including money they need for hospital bills, rehabilitation and physical therapy, living expenses and funeral costs.
Personal injury lawyer Josh Glotzer of Glotzer & Leib, LLP has seen how devastated the lives of victims and their families can be in the wake of an aviation accident. Attorney Glotzer and his staff are dedicated to carrying the burden for injury victims in the aftermath of an airplane accident so that they can concentrate on the healing process and their well-being. As our case results show, Glotzer & Leib, LLP is dedicated to obtaining justice for their clients to ensure our clients receive the compensation they are entitled to under the law and the closure they need.
For more information about Los Angeles aircraft accidents or to get in touch with us to set up a free consultation with our aviation accident lawyer, call us directly or fill out our online contact form.