Los Angeles Amusement Park Accidents Attorney
For those of us who call Southern California home, one the greatest benefits is having local access to several amusement parks, including Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Knott’s Berry Farm. Unfortunately, while many of these parks are world renowned for their fun and excitement, amusement park accidents and injuries occur when a park fails to properly protect their guests’ safety.
Amusement Park Accident Statistics
The Los Angeles Times obtained data covering Southern California amusement park injury numbers, such as roller coaster accident statistics, from 2007 to 2012 for a 2013 article it published about theme park accidents. The LA Times’ findings revealed:
- Only 20 percent of theme park injuries involve people with preexisting conditions like high blood pressure or asthma;
- Motion sickness, including dizziness, fainting and nausea, made up 18 percent of amusement park injuries;
- In the timeframe during which the data was collected, Disney’s Space Mountain and Knott’s Berry Farm’s GhostRider roller coaster were the scenes of the most injury incidents. Space Mountain accounted for 120 injury incidents and GhostRider 92.
Why Do I Need a Theme Park Accident Lawyer?
On an annual basis, it is estimated that over 40 million people visit Southern California’s most popular amusement parks, according to the California Department of Industrial Relations. With that kind of traffic flowing through their facilities, theme park owners and operators are well aware that accidents can and will happen. Therefore, these facilities make it a point to be very well prepared to defend themselves against injury and wrongful death claims, including employing insurance companies and armies of lawyers. This can leave theme park accident victims outmatched unless they have an experienced amusement park accident lawyer on their side.
Our personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles can provide amusement park accident survivors and the families of those who suffered a wrongful death due to theme park negligence with several crucial benefits, such as:
- Helping accident survivors and the families of fatal injury victims bring those at fault for their pain and suffering to justice and deter them from hurting others with their negligence in the future;
- Taking the burden of facing off against insurance companies and their armies of attorneys off the shoulders of victims and their families, so that they can concentrate on their health and well being;
- Recovering compensation for victims and their families for hospital expenses, income lost due to an injury or the wrongful death of a breadwinner, rehabilitation, and funeral costs.
Amusement Park Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
Amusement parks and their insurance companies expect accident and injuries will happen and put measures in place including denying serious claims in an attempt to take as little responsibility as possible if their negligence was the cause. Victims and their families need to talk to a theme park accident lawyer as soon as they can after suffering an injury in an amusement park or losing a loved one due to a theme park’s negligence.
A personal injury lawyer can review a victim’s case and determine if they have a claim. If victims do have a claim, it is crucial they pursue a case immediately because every second they waste evidence valuable to proving their case could be lost. Personal injury attorney Josh Glotzer of Glotzer & Leib, LLP is dedicated to being there for injury victims and their families when they need it most. Attorney Glotzer has dedicated his career to pursuing justice for his clients and will work tirelessly to seek the proper compensation for a client as provided under the law to hold those who hurt them accountable and has the case results to prove it.
If you or a family member was the victim of an incident caused by theme park negligence, fill out our online contact form or call Glotzer & Leib, LLP today to schedule a free consultation with our amusement park accident lawyer.