Los Angeles Train Accident Attorney
According to Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) data published in Newsweek concerning train accidents, on average, in the United States, a train hits a vehicle or person every three minutes. For people who are unfortunate enough to experience the horrors of a railroad or train accident, there’s no preparation for it. As such, victims and their families are usually left in completely uncharted territory and in desperate need of guidance as they attempt to pick up the pieces of their broken lives.
What Should I Do After a Railroad or Train Accident?
The health and safety of those involved is what is most important in the immediate aftermath of a train or railroad accident. Calling 911 and doing whatever you are able to do to get yourself and anyone else that needs it to safety and medical attention should be the first thing you do. Following that, and only if you were medically cleared to do so, it would be a good idea to:
- Collect witness contact information
- Take photographs of the accident scene and your injuries
- Write down notes about the incident
- Do not talk to the other side’s insurer or lawyers
- Speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible
Who Can Sue After a Train Accident?
Due to the fact that so many people and so much property can be involved in a train or railroad accident, those who may be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit include a wide array of individuals:
- Owners of property, such as a house, business or land, that are damaged in a train accident;
- Train passengers;
- Railroad employees;
- Family of persons who are killed in a train accident;
- Motorists in vehicles involved in railroad accidents;
- Pedestrians injured or killed by a train collision.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do to Help Victims Following a Train Accident?
Even if you are unsure about pursuing legal action following a train or railroad accident, you need to speak to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. There is no time to waste in the aftermath of the incident, because every second that goes by, evidence valuable to your case could be lost. In addition, the train company and its insurer are sure to have an experienced team of litigators already at work building a case in an attempt to defend their negligent conductor. However, with a train accident lawyer by their side, victims are able to ensure their rights will be protected and they will receive fair treatment within our justice system, including:
- Recovering the compensation they are entitled to under the law including money victims and families need to pay for hospital bills, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and loss of income if an injury victim cannot work or a family’s breadwinner is killed in an accident;
- Providing an advocate to match the other side’s legal experience, knowledge and skill;
- Helping to hold those at fault accountable and deterring them from hurting others in the future with their negligence.
Railroad and Train Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
Personal injury attorney Josh Glotzer of Glotzer & Leib, LLP understands the urgency necessary in handling a case involving a train or railroad accident. Victims and families must act quickly, because evidence necessary to prove the other side’s negligence can be lost or destroyed in the blink of an eye. Attorney Glotzer’s case results show that he sees cases through and dedicates himself s to obtaining justice for his clients including fighting for fair compensation for their injuries and getting the closure his clients need to move on after suffering a traumatic injury.
To learn more about railroad and train accident cases or to set up a free consultation with our personal injury lawyer, call Glotzer & Leib, LLP directly or fill out our online contact form.