Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may want to speak with a personal injury lawyer in Anaheim, CA. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and other losses. A lawyer can help you bring a claim against the negligent party.l
Common Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury case results when a person suffers an injury due to another person or entity’s negligence. Here are the most common types of personal injury cases.
- Car accidents. Whether they are minor fender benders or multiple vehicle collisions, car accidents make up a large percentage of personal injury cases. The most common causes of car accidents include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving and drowsy driving. If you were hurt in a car accident caused by a careless driver, you may have a personal injury case.
- Product liability. Product manufacturers are responsible for making sure that their products are safe for the public. If they fail to do this, consumers can suffer severe injuries and may pursue personal injury cases. Almost any product can be defective, from vehicles to swing sets.
- Medical malpractice. Even doctors can make mistakes sometimes. Unfortunately, these mistakes can lead to life-threatening injuries in patients. Examples of medical malpractice include medication errors, misdiagnosis, surgical mistakes and childbirth injuries. Since medical malpractice cases often involve complexities, it’s important to have a personal injury lawyer in Anaheim, CA on your side.
- Slip and fall accidents. These accidents can occur just about anywhere, from grocery stores to parking lots, and can result in serious injuries. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include liquid spills, wet floors, clutter and broken railings.
- Dog bites. Unfortunately, not all dogs are friendly and want to be pet by strangers. Sometimes dogs get anxious around unfamiliar people and attack them. Dog bites can result in infection and even disfigurement. In the majority of cases, dog owners are held responsible for dog bite injuries.
- Work accidents. People can also suffer injuries at their workplaces. Common work accidents include falls, machine entanglement, overextension and exposure to harmful substances. Injured workers have the right to pursue workers’ compensation claims. If a third party contributed to the injury, workers can file a separate personal injury lawsuit.
If you need assistance with your injury claim, schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Anaheim, CA today.