Uber Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in an Uber accident, one of the next people you should speak with is an Uber accident lawyer in Burbank, CA from Glotzer & Leib, LLP as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses. A lawyer can help you bring a timely claim against the negligent driver.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents
Uber has been around for several years now and offers passengers a convenient way to get to their destination. Uber drivers are expected to follow the same traffic laws as other drivers and operate a vehicle responsibly. However, Uber drivers can still get into accidents that result in injured passengers. Here are the most common causes of Uber accidents.
- Drowsy driving. The more passengers Uber drivers pick up, the more money they make. As such, some drivers spend long hours on the road to make ends meet. Unfortunately, driving too many hours with a break can lead to fatigue. Uber drivers who are running on little sleep aren’t as alert and may even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Speeding. Driving above the speed limit can cause motorists to lose control of their vehicle and give them less time to respond to hazards. Some Uber drivers speed to pick up more passengers to increase their paychecks.
- Distracted driving. It is important for all motorists, including Uber drivers, to devote their entire attention to the road. Otherwise, they might miss an obstacle and cause an accident. As an Uber accident lawyer in Burbank, CA can confirm, Uber drivers deal with many distractions, from looking at their GPS to talk to passengers. They are more likely to get into a collision this way.
- Inexperience. Uber drivers don’t receive any special training before getting on the road. If these drivers don’t have many years of driving experience, they may not be able to respond appropriately to certain traffic conditions and get into an accident.
- Driving on unfamiliar roads. Uber drivers often have to drive passengers to areas they are not familiar with. If they don’t know the roads very well, they may be more likely to make sudden stops and sudden turns, which can increase the likelihood of an accident.
If you want to pursue compensation for an Uber accident, you may want to schedule a consultation with an Uber accident lawyer in Burbank, CA from Glotzer & Leib, LLP to discuss your case in detail.