Getting into an accident with an 18-wheeler truck is a terrifying experience. Even a seemingly minor collision can result in devastating injuries. If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a truck accident due to another party’s negligence, you have the right to pursue a claim for damages.
These negligent drivers should be held accountable for their actions. Going up against these trucking companies alone is challenging, but hiring an Orange County truck accident lawyer can help.
At Glotzer & Leib, LLP, we understand the nuances of truck accident claims. We have decades of experience assisting injured victims in Orange County in successfully recovering the compensation they deserve.
Truck drivers have special federal regulations they must follow, such as the maximum number of hours they can drive. Many drivers exceed the allotted hours, sometimes due to the trucking company’s orders. These companies are paid by the delivery, so they might push their drivers to exceed the maximum number of hours. That can cause drivers to be fatigued on the road, leading to deadly conditions.
Other common causes of truck accidents include:
It’s not uncommon for large truck accidents to have multiple contributing factors. A tired driver might be distracted and speeding. When they try to stop, the overloaded trailer comes loose, striking another person’s vehicle or motorcycle.
You may have a case against multiple parties as well. Many large truck accidents involve two or more other vehicles or possibly another large truck. When you hire the skilled Orange County truck accident attorneys at Glotzer & Leib, LLP, we will help you identify all responsible parties.
Before collecting any compensation for your injuries in this or any other scenario, you must show evidence that proves the other driver was responsible for your injuries. California is a pure comparative negligence state. That means you can still collect a portion of your damages, even if you are primarily responsible for the accident.
Please note, your compensation will be reduced based on your fault level. For example, if a jury finds you were 60% at fault, you could still collect 40% of your damages. That also means the other driver could collect 60% of their damages from your insurance company.
Large truck accidents can lead to a wide variety of devastating injuries. Accidents involving two passenger vehicles can have very different injuries than those involving an 18-wheeler truck.
Some of the most common injuries in large truck accidents include:
Many of these injuries are long-lasting or permanent, requiring numerous changes in a victim’s life. To improve your chances of getting the maximum compensation you deserve, you need an experienced Orange County truck accident attorney on your side.
Understandably, prospective clients want to know how much their case is worth. Every case value is different and depends on the circumstances of your accident, the severity of your injuries, liability, and more.
In general, recoverable damages in a truck accident claim include:
In select cases, you might be eligible to recover punitive damages. These are reserved for cases involving recklessness or intentional actions, such as a DUI. Your Orange County truck accident lawyer will include a demand for punitive damages if your case is eligible.
To maximize your potential compensation, you need to build a strong case. That’s one reason why having a legal advocate on your side is so important. Our skilled legal team knows how to conduct a thorough investigation and collect all pertinent evidence to help you fight your case.
We are also highly skilled negotiators and will handle all settlement negotiation talks with the defendants. It would be best if you were concentrating on recovering from your injuries, not stressed out or having to argue with a claims representative.
If you are searching online for a truck accident attorney in Orange County, contact Glotzer & Lieb, LLP at (747) 241-8288. We have over five decades of experience assisting injured victims like you recover the compensation they deserve.
We have a proven record of success and aren’t afraid to take a case to trial. You have a legal right to hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries. Let us help you fight to make sure that happens.
Please schedule a consultation today, and let us review your case in its entirety. We will let you know what we believe the value of your case is and how best to proceed.
We offer free, no-obligation initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us. Negligent truck drivers and trucking companies continue to put California motorists at risk on a daily basis. Let us help you fight to ensure another victim does not have to experience the same trauma you did.