Los Angeles Construction Accidents Attorney
Despite all the precautions taken, including industry and government enforced safety regulations as well as continued advances in safety equipment and standards, construction accidents still happen. Unfortunately, many times a construction injury or accident can be traced to an employer’s negligence, which according to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) often includes the following:
- Improper fall protection or safety training;
- Insufficient machine guarding;
- Lack proper electrical safety training, including lockout/tagout procedures;
- Poor electrical system design or failure to properly maintain wiring and components;
- Failing to provide sufficient respiratory protection;
- Improper training on use of scaffolding and ladders.
Common Construction Accident Injuries
Depending on the type and severity of the construction accident that a worker suffers, it can cause a wide array of injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Chemical exposure;
- Broken bones;
- Scrapes, cuts and bruises;
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD);
- Loss of vision or other eye injuries;
- Loss of hearing;
- Loss of limbs;
- Sprains or strains of back, knees, ankles or shoulders
- Back injuries requiring surgery, including severe disc herniations.
What Type of Accidents Cause Construction Injuries and Deaths?
According to OSHA, four types of accidents accounted for over half of all construction worker deaths in the US in 2013. OSHA refers to these accidents as the “Fatal Four” and they include:
- Struck by object
Besides the “Fatal Four,” other construction accidents that can lead to injury or even death are:
- Repetitive motion and overuse, which can cause joint and muscle damage;
- Weather related incidents, including heat stroke and hypothermia;
- Vehicle accidents;
- Explosions and fires.
Questions to Ask a Lawyer Following a Construction Accident
With your life or the life of someone you love on the line and your family’s future at stake, you need to know that the attorney you hired has the experience and skills necessary to get you the justice you deserve. That’s why knowing what questions to ask a lawyer prior to hiring him or her is so important. Here are a few questions to ask a construction accident attorney that may help you determine whether or not to hire him or her:
- How many other construction accident cases have you handled?
- How much do I have to pay out of pocket and how much are your attorney fees?
- How long will a case like mine take to reach a verdict or settlement?
- How many years of experience do you have practicing law?
Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me
Personal injury attorney Josh Glotzer of Glotzer & Leib, LLP will be there for you and your family in your time of need. His case results prove that Attorney Glotzer is dedicated to obtaining justice for his clients and will work tirelessly to protect his clients’ rights under the law, including taking all the necessary steps to negotiate a fair settlement or take a case to trial if necessary.
To learn more about construction injury cases or to set up a free consultation with our personal injury lawyer to discuss your situation, give us a call or fill out our online contact form.